Archive of EAPH Events
Best Practices for Working Online
CPD Event for EAPH members
Sunday 25th April 2021
from 11am to 1pm
online via Zoom
- If you’re already working online with clients successfully, please come along to share your expertise and tips for success.
- If you’re working online in a limited capacity please join us to learn from experienced online therapists.
- If you haven’t yet taken the step of working online, please join us to discover how you can begin, and benefit from your colleagues’ experience.
We will be discussing all aspects of online therapy and the CPD will be in the form of an open discussion forum with plenty of Q&A time.
A document has been compiled from the results of our recent survey on the platforms, software and resources currently being used by our members. It has links to all the resources and this will be shared with participants on the day.
EAPH Members Only Event
Sunday 21st February 2021 - 10am-3pm
Please join us on Zoom for our annual AGM and CPD. It’s an opportunity to re-connect with colleagues, learn something new, and have your say in the future direction of your association.
As well as the AGM business (which will be as brief as possible!), Carmel will give an hour’s supervision session on the topic of personal development and Paul Gill will give a presentation on the topic of dreams for personal and client exploration.
Attending the event will award you 5 hour’s CPD points for your portfolio.
Please register below to confirm your attendance, the Zoom link will be sent out by email a few days before the event.
Here’s the agenda for the event:
- 10.00 Welcome and Review of 2020 – Helen
- 10.15 Minutes of AGM 2020 –Pam
- 10.30 Financial Report – Aidan
- 10.40 Membership Update – Liz
- 10.50 Election of Officers – Liz and Tracy
- 11.30 Supervision on Personal Development– Carmel
- 13.30 Dream Time – dream interpretation with Paul
- 14.30 Group Discussion & AOB – Susan
- 14.55 Closing and 2021 Aspirations – Helen
EAPH Members Only CPD Event
Sunday 11th October 2020 on Zoom
We are delighted to welcome our specialist members to present a valuable CPD event.
* Tracy Bolger will present on Stopping Smoking For Good – upgrade your skills when working with this category of client.
Tracy will offer insights, case histories and resource handouts from her experience of working with clients in this field.
* David Birch will present on Losing Weight and Keeping It Off Permanently – upgrade your skills when working with this category of client.
David will offer insights, case histories and resource handouts from his experience of working with clients in this field.
Let's Have Another Quiz Party!
Friday 10th July 2021 from
More Members Only Fun!
Let's Have A Quiz Party!
Friday 29th May 2021 from
Members Only Fun!
Regression Workshop, Supervision & AGM Sunday 23rd February 2020
This 5-hour CPD workshop and meeting will include:
- Workshop on regression techniques
- Presentation on therapist contracts plus a free contract template
- Therapist supervision
- Opportunity to have your say on the future direction of your association
- Make suggestions on additional features and benefits of membership
- Participate in the Annual General Meeting
- Enjoy meeting up physically with friends and colleagues in our field
- Gain 5 hours CPD for your portfolio
Mindfulness Training Sunday 6th October 2019
About the Trainer:
Carmel Farnan (MBPsS) is a Registered Psychologist, Psychotherapist and International Mindfulness Trainer.
She brings over 40 years of mindfulness practice to her work, along with lengthy experience at management level in the corporate sector. This background provided the impetus for her to set up the Irish and British Mindfulness Academies.
Carmel has taught Mindfulness Courses internationally for the past 20 years and delivered a wide range of Mindfulness Trainings (Talks, Workshops & Courses) to many corporate organisations in Ireland and UK. She adheres to the Good Practice Guidelines set out by the Irish and UK Network of Mindfulness Teachers.
This 4-hour online CPD training and workshop in mindfulness will include:
- What is Mindfulness?
- Practical tools to build up your Mindfulness practice immediately.
- How to break the habits of worrying and over-thinking.
- How to manage your thinking to reduce stress, anxiety, and tension.
- Identify unhelpful thought patterns.
- Practical stress-reduction tools.
- Using Mindfulness to reduce stress and burnout.
- Positive Psychology tools for increasing happiness, optimism, wellbeing and reducing stress.
- Experience of Mindfulness meditation practices.
- Case studies and research into using mindfulness in clinical settings.
“A really powerful course, so well structured and Carmel is so supportive and knowledgeable”.
“A wonderful course and it gives you the appetite to keep learning more about mindfulness”.
“Incorporating the course material into my daily life has introduced me to a new way of living, which includes a sense of calmness, self-awareness & gratitude. Highly recommend”.
“This course has been one of the most interesting I have ever done! It really opened up new ways of thinking for me and gave me many “light bulb” moments”.